A series of stakeholder conferences held by the consortium institutions in Russia and Ukraine aim at receiving the stakeholders’ feedback for optimizing the project developments to their needs and demands.
- The working group meeting of the Coordination Council of the Ministry of Agrarian Policy and Food of Ukraine was held on 29-30 November 2016 on the issues of development of the Strategy for Resumption of Work and Development of Irrigation Systems within the framework of the World Bank visit to discuss the principles of the Strategy.
The experts of the World Bank, representatives of the Ministry of Agrarian Policy and Food of Ukraine, the State Agency for Water Resources of Ukraine, the Institute of Water Problems and Melioration of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, assistants of the People’s Deputies of Ukraine, representatives of the State Land Cadastre of Ukraine, the USAID project ‘Water for the Agricultural Sector’, the Public Organization ‘Institute of Agricultural Market Development’, the Agricultural Development Department of the Kherson Regional State Administration, the Institute of Irrigated Agriculture of the NAAS of Ukraine and the Kherson State Agricultural University.
The meeting identified and discussed the basic principles that should shape the Strategy for development and rehabilitation of irrigation in Ukraine. In addition, the achievements of KSAU in the framework of implementation of the joint international project Erasmus + ECOIMPACT were discussed.
- On 22-23 March 2017 the Hydrometeorological Institute of Odessa State Environmental University hosted an outstanding event in the history of hydrometeorological sector of Ukraine – the First Ukrainian Hydrometeorological Congress, held on the initiative of Odessa State Environmental University, the Ukrainian Meteorological Society and the Ukrainian Hydrometeorological Centre. The Congress was attended by heads of central and regional departments of Hydrometeorological Service of Ukraine, administration of the State Emergency Service of Ukraine, heads of meteorological departments of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, scientists of the NAS of Ukraine and HEIs, foreign guests from 8 countries.
More than 150 delegates discussed the basic research, applied and production problems in hydrometeorological safety of Ukraine, sustainable economic and social development of Ukraine in terms of climate change, which are having more and more impact on the human welfare and the economy of Ukraine, as well as the issues of hydrometeorological education.
Prof. Sergej Zilitinkevich (Helsinki University, Finland), the ECOIMPACT project coordinator, made a report on ‘Pan-Eurasian Experiment (PEEX) as a Platform for International Collaboration’.
The Congress made a detailed decision, which is to become a guide for the next five years of development for hydrometeorological sector and higher hydrometeorological education in Ukraine. In addition, several appeals were made to the central authorities on urgent measures to ensure hydrometeorological safety of Ukraine.
Moreover, the national NGO “Ukrainian Meteorological and Hydrological Society”, as a member of the European Meteorological Society, was established during the Congress. Prof. Sergiy Stepanenko, rector of Odessa State Environmental University, was elected as the Chairman of the Society.
- The conference with international participation on ‘Modern Hydrometeorological Education: Meeting the Challenges of the 21st Century’, supported by the World Meteorological Organization, was held on 14-15 June 2017 in St. Petersburg within the framework of the International Exhibition on ‘Weather, Climate, Water. Green Economy’.
At the exhibition, the ATI presented a virtual reality simulator developed for the sectoral course on Transport under the ECOIMPACT project. In addition, the project was presented on the ATI poster and in an advertising video. The ATI exposition was of great interest on the part of exhibitors.
The conference programme included a special session dedicated to the ECOIMPACT project, which, in addition to the project participants, was attended by about 40 people, including representatives of the World Meteorological Organization, the European Meteorological Society, Roshydromet agencies and developers of meteorological equipment. Six reports from 5 consortium members were presented, and a master class on “Application of the Internet of Things” (IoT) for solving atmospheric monitoring problems” was conducted.
In the final decisions of the conference, a suggestion was put forward to disseminate the experience in creation of a personal learning environment developed within the framework of the ECOIMPACT project, which includes both virtual educational materials and educational materials using IoT-technologies among consumers of hydrometeorological information and hydrometeorological educational institutions.
- The Seminar on dissemination of the developments under 561975-EPP-1-2015-1-FI-EPPKA2-CBHE-JP (2015-3320) project was held within the ‘Week of Science – 2017’ in St. Petersburg on 20-23 November 2017, attended by ca. 150 persons.
Reports of RSHU, ATI, OSENU and AU-P representatives:
- Fokicheva, А.А. The project ideology. Usefulness of Meteorological Information. The Project Results – the University Course in “Economic Meteorology”
- Skorik, Ya.V. Individual Learning Tracks.
- Cheremnykh, A.V. Presentation of the ECOIMPACT Project Materials in the Electronic Learning Environment.
- Ozun, M.Yu. Biometeorology.
- Podgayskiy, E.V. Energy.
- Strokina, V.Yu. City Economy.
- Chukin, V.V. Technologies of Considering the Effect of Local Weather on the City Economy.
- Shabliy, O.V., Popova L.O. The Role of OSENU Hydrometeorological Institute in Implementation of ECOIMPACT Objectives. The Achieved Results Planned within the ECOIMPACT Workpackages.
- Polovyi, A.M. The ECOIMPACT Project Results – Sectoral Courses in Agriculture.
- Polovyi, A.M., Shabliy, O.V., Popova L.O. Side-effects of the Project at the Regional Level in Odessa and Kherson Oblasts. Interaction with Stakeholders in the Southern Regions of Ukraine.
- Umnov, A.L. The Project Ideology. The Internet of Things. Personal Learning Environment.
- Kuzmova, K. Quality Control and Monitoring of the ECOIMPACT Project Results. Agricultural University – Plovdiv as a Partner in the ECOIMPACT Project, the Structure and Training. Agroclimatic resources of the city of Plovdiv in the context of the Climate Change.
- Presentation by Svyatoslav Tyuryakov ‘EU Erasmus+ ECOIMPACT Project’.
In adddition, the prospective directions of research and methodological cooperation and opportunities to use ECOIMPACT outcomes and products were discussed during the visit to the Institute of Agroengineering and Environmental Problems of Agricultural Production.
- The International scientific and practical conference with the support of the FAO on ‘Climate Change and Agriculture. Challenges for Agrarian Science and Education’, attended by OSENU, KSAU, TSNUK and AU-P, 13-14 March 2018, Science and Methodology Centre for Agricultural Education (Agroosvita).
In addition, the ECOIMPACT stakeholder meeting was held on 15 March 2018.
The meeting co-organizers: UN Food and Agriculture Organization, Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, Ministry of Agrarian Policy and Food of Ukraine, National Academy of Agrarian Sciences of Ukraine (NAASU), State Service of Ukraine for Food Safety and Consumer Protection, Climate Change and Ozone Layer Protection Department, Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources, Ukrainian Hydrometeorological Center of the State Emergency Service of Ukraine, Institute of Irrigation Economy of the NAASU, Institute of Agroecology and Natural Resources of the NAASU, Institute of Fisheries of the NAASU, Institute of Water Problems and Land Reclamation of the NAASU, Institute of Plant Protection of the NAASU, State Scientific Control Institute of Biotechnology and Strains of Microorganisms (SSCIBSM) of the NAASU, Institute of Veterinary Medicine of the NAASU, State Forest Resources Agency of Ukraine, State Forest Resources Agency of Ukraine, Mykolayiv National Agrarian University, Kherson State Agricultural University, Tavria State Agrotechnological University, Stepan Gzhytskyi National University of Veterinary Medicine and Biotechnologies, Bila Tserkva National Agrarian University, Zhytomyr National Agroecological University, Sumy National Agrarian University, Kharkiv State Zooveterinary Academy.
- A. Polovyi, T. Nezhlukchenko, A. Krukivska, K. Kuzmova. Presentation of Sectoral and University Courses in Agriculture Seveloped by the Project Consortium under 561975-EPP-1-2015-1-FI-EPPKA2-CBHE-JP.
- K. Kuzmova, D. Slavcheva-Sirakova. Ensuring Quality of Education within the Framework of ECOIMPACT Project.
- L. Popova, T. Nezhlukchenko, S. Snizhko. Presentation of Web-Sources Carrying the Courses Developed in the Sectoral Segment of ‘Agriculture’: http://osenu.e-impact.net/, http://ksau.e-impact.net/, https://dl.knu.ua/meteo/
- O. Zagaria. Presentation of a Personal Learning Environment in AlteroZoom.
- O. Shabliy. Guidelines on Organization and Layout of Study Materials in PLE AlteroZoom. Use of Individual Study Tracks.
- A. Polovyi, O. Shabliy, O. Didukh. Use of the IoT for Enhancement of Business Processes in Agriculture. Implementation of the Internet of Things (IoT) in the Developed Courses.
- On 15 – 18 May 2018, the delegation of Rosgidromet took part in the 20th International Scientific and Industrial Forum “Great Rivers” in Nizhny Novgorod (at the Exhibition Complex of “Nizhny Novgorod Fair”).
The exposition of Roshydromet on “Hydrometeorology for people and development of the economy” was launched at the exhibition space of the forum. The materials from such Rosgidromet organizations as: NPO ‘Typhoon’, State Hydrology Institute, Main Geophysical Observatory, Arctic and Antarctic Research Institute, ‘Planet’ Research and Development Center, ATI of Roshydromet, and organizations of higher and secondary vocational education in the field of hydrometeorology: Russian State Hydrometeorological University, Nizhny Novgorod State University named after N.I. Lobachevsky, Moscow Hydrometeorological College and Irkutsk Hydrometeorological College, were used for preparation to the exposition. The developments performed in the framework of the ECOIMPACT project were presented by partner universities.
- On 23-24 November 2018, a forum on “Climatic Education – 2018” took place in Kyiv. This year’s forum was already the third and was held under the motto “Values and Trends”. The forum was organized by the Panel for Environmental Education of “The World of Education” and the Department of Meteorology and Climatology of TSNUK supported by the Henry Bohle Foundation and the Ukrainian Climate Network.
- O. Shevchenko. Climate change and its impact on economy, environment and society
- S. Snizhko. High quality climatic education as the key to a successful career
- O. Kozak. Environmental Game of “a Network of Life”
- O. Shevchenko, O. Zagaria. Use of the Internet of Things in climatic education: the experience of the ECOIMPACT project
- E. Petrenko, M. Potriina. Green Manager (Game Facilitation)
- O. Zagaria. Application of the concept of the Internet of Things in the construction of meteorological measuring systems